Dear South Umpqua Historical Society Members,
This letter is in lieu of our third quarter newsletter, The Echo. Our Editor and President, Marilyn Chandler continues to battle her way back to good health.
For our 2 PM August 16, 2020 General Membership meeting, chairs will be placed 6 feet apart (except for those in the same family or herd) and please bring a mask.
I would like to share a few items of interest with you though….
• We’re very close to obtaining a building permit to begin construction of a lean-to and addition to the Pickett Building. The lean-to will house the recently obtained firetruck from the Canyonville-South Umpqua Fire Department.
• Remember, General Membership meeting day/time change was approved at the first quarter general meeting. Meetings are now the 3rd Sunday, 2 PM, of February, May, August and November.
• If you haven’t renewed your membership, please do so by mailing $25 to Treasurer Gynn Deaton, PO Box 1112, Canyonville, OR 97417 If you wish to make a donation you can do so at the same address. Thank you.
• Please visit our Facebook page, South Umpqua Historical Society. This is the quickest way to obtain information on special events hosted at the Pioneer-Indian Museum and other SUHS news. Also visit our website: pioneerindianmuseum.org
• The Pioneer-Indian Museum reopened June 10! Days & hours are Wednesday through Sunday, noon until 4 PM. Please consider visiting soon!
Your Board of Directors look forward to seeing you at the General Membership meeting, 2 PM August 16th at the Pioneer-Indian Museum.